At First State Bank, we are just as concerned about our environment as we are about our customers. We are committed to developing products and services with your needs in mind as well as our environmental impact. The following is just a short sample of what we are doing everyday to improve our planet and our services.
- FreedomBanking™ online services include:
- Online transactions
- Bill pay
- Automated transfer services
- Wire services
- All our ATMs feature a ‘no receipt’ option which reduces paper and protects your information.
- We use check imaging & exchange technology for check processing. Customers receive smaller statements with pictures of checks, which can be accessed online too. We’ve also been able to eliminate couriers who used to transport physical checks between our branches and other banks.
Green Commercial Services
- For our businesses located within Socorro city limits, we provide FSB Express, a banking courier service which allows you to keep your car parked. Our routes are planned for efficiency to reduce our environmental impact.
- FSB also features direct deposit and direct billing services for our commercial clients. Using our FreedomBanking™ cash management tool, you can pay your employees directly and even bill your customers electronically.
Operational Efforts at FSB
- All FSB non-essential equipment is turned off or set in efficiency mode each evening.
- Our team members use multiple computer monitors for analysis to eliminate the need for report printing.
- We consistently focus on the development of electronic storage options to eliminate paper printing and storage.
- In addition to direct deposit services, our team members even receive their paystubs electronically.
- We make a large effort to partner with all our vendors in order to pay our own bills electronically via our own ACH services.
- First State Bank is committed to working with our partners and vendors to develop and implement new technologies that reduce our consumption and improve our customer experience.